Coach Keisha – The Queen of Empowering Teens
Empowering Girls to succeed in school and in life with confidence
Hi, I’m Keisha Howard Gaddis, also known as “Coach Keisha”, Certified Life Coach, Author, Mentor, and Motivational Speaker.
I know that you want these things:
- To understand what your daughter is going through as a teen in today’s world.
- To be able to communicate effectively with her.
- To prevent her from making mistakes and suffering the negative consequences that low self-esteem breeds.
- To build her confidence so that she can conquer any challenges.
- To set healthy boundaries that foster love & respect between you and your daughter.
- To rebuild your lost relationship before she goes off to college, because you don’t want to lose her.
And, I’m here to support you and your daughter in all of these areas!
Why do I do this?
As a teen, I hid my pain away from everyone with a big smile on my face (sound familiar?). On the inside, there were times when I felt worthless; I struggled with poor self-esteem and body-image issues for years, but I didn’t tell anyone. It was my self-esteem secret, and I was slowly dying on the inside.
With guidance, I was able to turn my pain into passion. I became a Teacher, and then later a School Guidance Counselor so that I could help youth who were also struggling with self-esteem and other adolescent issues. After all, I had been there, done that, and I got a t-shirt all about self-esteem struggles, so I wanted to turn the mess that I went through as a teen into my purpose-driven message.
Through my years of being a School Guidance Counselor, I heard story after story from girls who were struggling with immense negative self-doubt, being sexually pressured by boys, being bullied, were regretting a picture or message that they posted online, or were playing small out of fear.
It became a daily routine of young ladies being lined up at my office door to share stories, confess secrets, and ask me for advice. I began to notice a pattern…
Most of the things that the girls were sharing with me had never been shared with their mothers.
In working with the girls, I realized that many parents have no idea about the cultural pressures that teen girls are facing today, because most teen girls are struggling in silence (just like I did).
I decided that enough was enough.
Over the next few years, I invested in learning more and more about healthy teen girl development including their mindset and challenges, and about ways to cultivate the relationship and communication between teen girls and their moms.
I became a Certified Life Coach and started hosted numerous empowerment workshops through a self-esteem organization that I started in 2006, PEARL Girls. As I was working with more girls, I developed a strong intuition and gift for helping girls openly communicate about their struggles and then helping them find their inner-strengths to overcome those adversities.
I know what today’s girls are dealing with on the inside,
and what challenges they face on the outside.
Today, my life’s work is dedicated to building girls up so that they can fall in love with themselves and have unshakeable confidence that allows them to avoid peer pressure & accomplish their dreams. I’m also a passionate stand for bridging the communication gap so that girls feel comfortable talking to their moms, and moms feel comfortable connecting and communicating with their daughters.
Because… although they may act like they don’t want you to be seen with you in public, teen girls really do want a relationship with their Moms…they need you.
Through my programs I will hold both of your hands. I can help you understand what your daughter is going through being a pre-teen or teen girl in today’s generation, and I can help your daughter gain confidence and learn valuable life-skills that encourage self-love and leadership.
Maybe you’ll even get a hug!
People say that I am trilingual because I speak girl-talk (I know all the teen slang, jam to today’s music, and I’m social media savvy), so girls naturally relate to me with deep genuine trust. But, your bonus is that I also speak Mom-talk, and as a School Guidance Counselor, I speak Educator-talk too! #Boom
I frequently travel across the country speaking at various Middle Schools, High Schools, Colleges, Churches, & Conferences and after speaking engagements I often receive social media messages from girls who are feeling insecure, struggling to get good grades, having friendship issues, getting cyber bullied, dealing with self-harm, and sometimes contemplating suicide.
This isn’t something I can turn my back on— and neither should you!
You have no idea the amount of pain, insecurity, and struggles the girls of today are facing – because most tween & teen girls don’t share this with their parents.
It’s time to build them up now, instead of trying to “repair” them later.
Imagine how relieved you would feel knowing that your daughter truly loved herself, was making smart choices, and that you both had open communication.
Here’s the good news: you don’t have to figure it out on your own! Let’s co-create a confidence & leadership plan for you and your daughter together.
You can trust me because:
- Your daughter’s success is the most important thing to me.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Counseling.
- I am a National Teen Girl Expert and Educator.
- I am a Certified Life Coach Practitioner (by the Certified Coaches Federation).
- I am a 2015 Gold Award Recipient of the Mom’s Choice Awards.
- I am one of Dallas’ Top 40 Under 40 Honorees of 2016.
- I am a professional Teen Advice blogger for the Huffington Post and About.com.
- I have over 12 years of experience as an Educator in both the public and private school settings.
- I’m a sought after dynamic Motivational Speaker for teenagers, college-aged young women, and mothers.
- I started a self-esteem organization for girls in 2006, PEARL Girls; to date, thousands of young ladies have been empowered through the PEARL Girls programs, and PEARL Girls has awarded over $37,000 worth of college scholarships to young women.
- I’m affiliated with the amazing Girls to Women Health & Wellness medical practice.
- I’m an Inspirational Author presently working on my second book, which is geared towards empowering middle school aged girls.
- Beyoncé trust me. My organization, PEARL Girls, was endorsed by Beyoncé’s #BeyGood movement in 2014 in
recognition of our uplifting programs.
Want to know more about me?
- I’m absolutely obsessed with the color pink! Can’t you tell?
- I believe glitter makes everything better.
- I love me some Jesus, but am very open & accepting to all faiths and beliefs.
- I have two dogs: Popcorn, who is fearless but eye-less (his eyes were taken by ulcers) and Precious, who is a total diva.
- I cry when I watch romantic movies.
- I love good soul food; especially fried catfish. Yum!
- I’ve got big hair, and I don’t care; I believe the bigger the hair, the closer to heaven!
- I believe in going after my dreams, and I encourage others to do the same.
- My heart sings when I see girls beginning to believe in themselves. #whoruntheworld #girls
I look forward to finding out more about you and your daughter!
Because you love her enough to give her a break from her struggles and you love yourself enough to give yourself a Breakthrough!
If you are still reading this, and you want to know more about me, check out my professional bio here.
“I believe that an empowered woman begins with a confident girl.”
– Coach Keisha